Red Hat JBoss® Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Ways To Train/Test
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site
After completing this course, you should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified JBoss Administration (RHCJA) exam.
Course content summary
- Install and run JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 in standalone mode and domain mode
- Configure a domain
- Deploy applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Configure the datasource subsystem
- Configure Java™ Message Service (JMS) and HornetQ
- Configure the logging subsystem
- Configure the web subsystem
- Implement application security in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Migrate JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Get an introduction to clustering
Audience and prerequisites
System administrators who are either new to Red Hat JBoss or have experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.
Prerequisites for this courseRed Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems.
- Understanding of hardware and networking
Outline for this course
Learn about the Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine appliance architecture.
Deploy a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance.
Configure a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance to work with your cloud environment.
Deploy a virtual machine (VM) with templates and customization
Manage and audit VMs from within a policy.
Report on VM and resource usage.
Adapt the CloudForms interface to user needs.
Manage the lifecycle
Use the CloudForms lifecycle management features.
Understand capacity and usage metrics.
Exploit monitoring features
Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
Discover CloudForms Automate
Execute automations to speed up delivery.
Catalogs and services
Define the catalog and services.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist.
Recommended next exam or course
RHCJA exam (EX248)
A RHCJA certification is earned when an IT professional has demonstrated the skills and knowledge to install, configure, monitor, manage, and deploy applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and passes the RHCJA exam (EX248).
Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator – RHCJA
Earn a Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator certification by demonstrating the ability to manage applications on Red Hat JBoss EAP.